Saturday, June 6, 2009

Aren't These Great for Spring and Summer?


Ok, so it is raining out and the mercury has dropped enough here that it feels like we might need to turn the heat back on tonight (was it really over 80 degrees the other day), but that can't last....right? Of course not! So how about these fun and pretty earrings from Studio 314 to welcome the sunshine?! Chihiro Makio is the artist behind Studio 314 and I feel in love with her work as soon as I saw it. I love the flower motif (although that is not all she does), her use of color and the detail in her work. As she writes in her artist statement, craftsmanship is extremely important to her, and you can tell that is the case when you look at her jewelry. We're all drawn to different work for different reasons, and I think that there's a lot here to like, and the reaction from our customers has been really positive. I don't know about you, but I think these are really unique....and they make me smile!